What is a Cluster?
‘’A business cluster is a geographic concentration of interconnected businesses, suppliers, and associated institutions in a particular field. Clusters are considered to increase the productivity with which companies can compete, nationally and globally.’’
What is CLAUT?
Cluster Automotriz de Nuevo León, CLAUT, is a civil association composed of automotive industry manufacturers, academic institutions and government institutions; with the purpose of increasing the competitiveness of the sector.
2005: Goverment Strategy and Citizen Council was established
2006: Stretegic Plan
2007: Constitution of Civil Association
The Automotive Industry
- The automotive industry in Mexico represents the 17.1% of the manufacture GDP of the country ($44,027 millions in USD).
- Nuevo Leon represents 7.4% of the total GDP of the national automotive industry ($ 3,387 millions in USD).
- The 20% of the manufacturers of automotive parts in México are located in Nuevo Leon.
- The manufacturing Industry in Nuevo León represents the 18% of the jobs in the state, meaning more than 41,870 people.
- Automotive Companies in Nuevo Leon, exported in 2009 more than 2,800 MD, representing the 13% of state exportations.
Mission: Our Purpose
Our Mission is to bring together businesses, educational institutions and government to promote a common vision for the automotive sector, thereby gaining competitiveness and growth in the State and Region.
- Participate actively in the working Committees
- Share Information and best practices
- Respect confidential information
- Strenghten the sector’s value chain, including and developing the regional companies
- Back up the projects proposed by the Committees
- Contribute with the needed human, economic and knowledge resources to foster the synergies within the Cluster
- Collaborate In the creation of a long term vision for the automotive industry for the State